“Leadership Jones” Grassroots Leadership Academy
We are looking for residents to participate in the “Leadership Jones” Grassroots Leadership Academy and we hope you will be interested in joining this important community effort. The program is sponsored by The Filling Station and its partners, funded by the Chick-Fil-A True Inspiration Award. There will be an opportunity for people from all backgrounds to participate in constructive conversations and propose solutions to a range of issues that impact the Greater Jones County area.
Grassroots Leadership Academy is for:
- People who want to be trained to help others to discuss a critical community issue (s).
- People who want to create a shared vision for their community.
- People who are interested in learning good listening and communication.
- People who are willing to volunteer their time to implement a community action plan in support of this community effort.
- People who want to make an impact every day in their community holistically.
The leadership academy sessions on “Creating Your Place at the Table” are scheduled to begin in mid-April and meet once a week for six weeks. They will conclude with a Graduation. Sessions are 6 weeks long, Mondays 9am – 1pm with lunch provided, snacks and breaks; skits, engagement, guests leadership from around the state, etc.
If you are passionate about your community and feel compelled to share your ideas and suggestions in the discussions, please consider applying to this program. An application is attached.
Space is limited. Please review the application and return the application to The Filling Station or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join family, neighbors, co-workers, and friends! Thank you for your interest and please call Tharesa Chadwick Lee, Grassroots Leadership Facilitator/Creator for more information at 252-349-6212.